North County Fire Protection District of Monterey County
Proudly Serving The Communities Of Castroville, Elkhorn, Las Lomas, Moss Landing, Oak Hills, Pajaro, Prunedale, and Royal Oaks.
It is the mission of the North County Fire Protection District of Monterey County to provide the highest level of service to protect the lives, property, and environment of the North County communities, by providing prompt and professional services in the event of fire, medical emergency, rescue, environmental disaster, or any other event which threatens the public welfare.
Winter is here, did you know?
- 890 people die in winter home fires each year.
- $2 billion in property loss occurs each year from winter home fires.
- Winter home fires account for only 8 percent of the total number of fires in the U.S., but result in 30 percent of all fire deaths.
- Cooking is the leading cause of all winter home fires.
- A heat source too close to combustibles is the leading factor contributing to the start of a winter home fire (15 percent).
- 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. is the most common time for winter home fires.
Data from the U.S. Fire Administration